Let us jump straight to your query, QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is mostly caused when the setup of your network is not correct. It is considered as an error similar to 6000, XXXX series error. This error can also be resolved by updating QuickBooks application to the latest version of the software available. If you need any help updating QuickBooks, then ask for help at our customer support line number.
Now back to business
QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting software. It is designed for the small and medium industries so that one can invest more time in building strategies for their business rather than struggling with their finances and accounts.
It has several features and enhanced tools that will help you with all the accounts and financial requirements of your business. It is designed in such a way that you can integrate it with several other applications. QuickBooks can be used as a single user as well as multiple user application. While you are running this application there are occasions when you receive certain errors which may be technical or function. One such error you can come across is QuickBooks error Code 6144 82.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
There are different ways on how you can fix your QuickBooks Error -6144, -82, just follow the steps below and you will be able to fix your query in no time.
Solution I: Renaming the .ND and .TLG files in your QuickBooks application
- Open your QuickBooks application from your desktop.
- Press F2 from your keyboard.
- Go to the File information section and locate the Company files for the QuickBooks.
- Locate the folder that contains all the QuickBooks Company files.
- Check for the file names with .ND and .TLG extention. For example:
- Select these files and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option and add OLD at the end of these files.
- Close and reopen your QuickBooks application.
- Try to sign in to the QuickBooks application again.
When you rename the .ND and .TLG files, then they will be automatically recreated when you rescan for the QuickBooks Database Server manager. Then you can open your QuickBooks company files. If for some reason you are still faced with QuickBooks error 6144 82 then move on to the second solution.
Solution II: Try to open the QuickBooks Sample Company files
- Open the No Company Open Window in your QuickBooks.
- Select the option Open a Sample file.
- From the list of sample files, select any sample file.
- If the sample file opens, then your error is resolved.
- In case, the error is not resolved then repair your QuickBooks installation files.
By opening the QuickBooks Sample file, you are testing this QuickBooks error code 6144, 82. You are trying to check whether you have any issues with your QuickBooks Company file or QuickBooks application. If this error occurs, then it means that your QuickBooks installation file is damaged and need to be repaired.
Get help over phone. Dial us tollfree at 1800-291-2485.
The solutions in this article will successfully resolve your QB error 6144, 82. In case, this error still prevails after you have tried all the solutions mentioned then it is recommended you to seek assistance from QuickBooks technical experts.
They provide assistance for various accounting software like QuickBooks. It means you can reach out to them at any point in time. You just have to give a call on their toll-free helpline support number and ask for assistance online. You can connect with them at any point in time as they provide 24*7 assistance. You can also contact the experts via Live Chat assistance. You will have to visit the website and you can locate this option on the homepage of the website.